Our PPC & SEO specialist, had left the company. I know she had just started working on our campaigns so just wanted to understand that.
Trying to understand what I felt was under-performance of the Digital campaign in terms of cost per acquisition (Leads).
Elaine explained that Sam had decided to work on less of a content focused role and had moved
Regarding the paid search and display performance, Elaine explained that we are looking too narrowly at conversions, which Joanne and I concurred with.
Looking through the metrics these charts stood out to us and demonstrate the value of our digital work. Search & display make up 32% of our traffic.
Elaine made a good point that this traffic could be generating conversions later on or through other ways. To know for sure we’d have to employ a system like Visual IQ, where I worked, which measure the marketing attribution for digital. So we could see the exact ‘path’ a prospect took before becoming a new customer.
This chart shows that we are getting a big share of ‘eyeballs’ and engagement too.
Elaine gave us some excellent suggestions on how we can move forward and capitalise on the momentum of all the other work that Joanne and I are doing.
We have far more content – very successful webcasts Joanne are running, events that have done well, blog posts, plenty of new case studies etc.
So we’d like PPC to be part of the exponentially growing speed of the marketing flywheel (to borrow the CEO of Hubspot, Brian Halligan’s expression).
1. Firstly I think 28 Hands Marketing can do a better job of working together and particularly sharing a lot of important insights we have that they can’t access.
2. We want to address the low conversion rates – 1.88K clicks turning to just 7 conversions (at least directly). I am sharing key statistics from conversions 28 Hands marketing have driven in other channels.
Linkedin Campaigns: I’ve integrated Linkedin with Hubspot now so we’ll be able to see this in husbspot shortly.
Also, Joanne got leads through zoom, for example the customer webinar that generated about 250 leads, which aren’t shown here.
3. I am going to work on the poorly performing US ads and see if my experience working in the US for ten years will help make them more resonant to those audiences.
4. Elaine is going to move a proportion of the search ads to go to the new tailored landing pages (for the retargeting campaign) – in effect a split test to see if that landing page delivers higher conversion rates.
5. Joanne will try to put the animated explainer video up on the landing page to increase conversions.